Terms & Conditions
General Liability Release
By taking classes at Handmade Saori Weaving Studio, you agree to release and hold harmless Handmade Saori Weaving Studio, Handmade Studios LLC, Jay and Sarah Dauro, any guest instructors, employees, volunteers, and other students for any claims as to damages, injuries or losses that you may incur.
Class Cancellation Policy
We understand that there are times when you must miss an appointment due to emergencies or obligations for work or family. However, we have a limited number of looms, and your reservation means that loom is not available for someone else who may want to take a class. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please call, text or email as soon as possible. If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be a charged a cancellation fee equal to the amount of your class fee.
If you cancel a class with at least 24 hours’ notice, then there is no cancellation fee and Handmade Saori Studio will process a full refund of your payment within 5 business days. Please be aware that it may take an additional 5-10 days (depending on your bank) before you will see the refund on your account.
Projects/Materials Left in the Studio
When leaving a project or materials in our studio, you agree that should a problem, damage, or loss occur for any reason, you will hold Handmade Studios, its owners, and employees/volunteers harmless.
Inside Sets and Multi-Lesson Project Policies
SAORI™ Looms have the unique ability to take a project off in progress and then re-hang it at a later time. The equipment that remains with the project (reed, harnesses, clipping rod) is called an “inside set.”
If you have a project that you are continuing to weave on over more than one lesson, then you are reserving an inside set.
POLICIES FOR RESERVING AN INSIDE SET:
- It is expected that you will come in at least weekly to work on your project. Occasional exceptions can be made with prior approval (e.g., you are going on vacation).
- Any project left on an inside set (or portion of an inside set) for 2 weeks without a lesson (or prior approval) will be cut off and set aside for you.
- Cut-off projects left for more than 4 weeks will be turned into other items and sold.
- If you want to continue weaving on a project but know that you will only be in sporadically, you can purchase your own inside set (approximately $375), in which case none of the above rules apply.
- Adult students are expected to learn how to hang/remove their own projects each week. If you will be doing this, we will schedule your 2-hour class as a 2.5 hour class to give you extra time for hanging and removing your project while still allowing you 2 hours of weaving time. If you choose to have us put your project on the loom and take it off for you, then an additional $10 cancellation fee will apply if you cancel your lesson after your project has already been placed on the loom (in addition to the normal class cancellation fee if cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice).
- Although it has never happened in our studio, it is possible that during the process of removing or re-hanging a project a problem could occur. By leaving a project in our studio, you agree that should such an event occur you will hold Handmade Studio, its owners, and employees/volunteers harmless.
Merchandise Return Policy
If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, you can return the product and get a full refund or exchange the product for something of equal value that will make you happy!
You can return a product for up to 20 days from the date you purchased it.
Any product you return must be in the same condition you received it and in the original packaging. Please keep the receipt.
To initiate a return, please call (256) 542-8363 or contact us via email.
Special order items and final sale/closeout items cannot be returned.